The introduction of P2P
- OSS/BSS Answers
- App Model - Organization Management
- App Model - Communication Apps Answers
- License Model - Organization Management
License Model - CPaaS Solution Answers
Phone System - Admin Guide Phone System - End-user Guide Mobile App Desktop App Web Phone Auto Attendant - Admin Guide Developer Hub - Admin Guide Microsoft Teams Operator Connect - Admin Guide Microsoft Teams Direct Routing - Admin Guide Contact Center - Supervisor Guide Contact Center - Agent Guide Omni-Channel SIP Trunk CPaaS - SIP Trunk CPaaS Fax Contact Dashboard Campaign File Explorer
- Integrations Answers
- Updated Regulations
- Ideas Portal
What is P2P?
- P2P essentially means Peer to Peer/ Person to Person. It’s the back end system designed to support a direct interaction between the partners and the customers.
- Previously B3 governed all parties by the wallet design:
- All the points in the wallet are with respect to B3
- All actions between the customers and the partners will need to go through B3.
=> Moving to P2P, all actions will be between 2 parties only:
- When the customers pay partners to top-up the balance.
- The money will go straight to the partner. The partner then can increase the balance (credits) in the customer’s account.
- When the customers purchase a subscription via invoice from partners.
- The money will go straight to the partner. The partner then can provision the subscription to the customer’s account.
With P2P model, the partners can have direct and full control of the credits/money of the customers. They don’t need B3 to hold the money for them anymore.
- P2P is the prerequisite for partners who want to use their own online payment gateway.
- P2P also is a prerequisite for Postpaid. As postpaid allows the customer's balance to go negative (capped by Credit Limit)
Things to take note!
- Prepaid customers can’t spend more than the credit limit the partner set for each of them. Credit limits for postpaid customers apply only to the unbilled amount.
- Transfer/Issue/Take Back Credits between partner’s wallet to customer’s wallet is EOLed. Partners should properly use the Finance app to create new payments assign to customers that should be associated with real payments received.
- Auto top-up is still in the system. The money added to the system comes from real money from the customers.
- Prepaid Limitation: For partners without any telecom or e-money license, the system will not allow them to provide customers with prepaid amounts more than their own prepayment with B3Networks. This constraint is due to regulatory and liability considerations.
In the case the partners' customers pay via credit card:
- Unless the partners sign up their own Stripe account and link it with B3, the partners' customers will be paying B3 the amount via the credit card. P2P here means the account for (B3-Savcom) will be topup by the amount, as well as the account for (Savcom-Customer). From the perspective of the partners, it means they receive a receivable amount from B3 and incur a payable amount to the customers.
- The credit card statement will always show the partner's name regardless of whether the payment goes through B3, or if the partners link the Stripe payment account with us.