FAQ - Frequently asked questions about CPaaS Microsoft Teams Direct Routing
- OSS/BSS Answers
- App Model - Organization Management
- App Model - Communication Apps Answers
- License Model - Organization Management
License Model - CPaaS Solution Answers
Phone System - Admin Guide Phone System - End-user Guide Mobile App Desktop App Web Phone Auto Attendant - Admin Guide Developer Hub - Admin Guide Microsoft Teams Operator Connect - Admin Guide Microsoft Teams Direct Routing - Admin Guide Contact Center - Supervisor Guide Contact Center - Agent Guide Omni-Channel SIP Trunk CPaaS - SIP Trunk CPaaS Fax Contact Dashboard Campaign File Explorer
- Integrations Answers
- Updated Regulations
- Ideas Portal
What is CPaaS Microsoft Teams Direct Routing?
- CPaaS Microsoft Teams Direct Routing is a CPaaS service that allows Microsoft Teams users to make and receive PSTN & Mobile calls to/from regular telephone numbers through the MS Teams application.
- It also can work with other CPaaS modules such as DNC, Auto-attendant, Call recording, etc., to suit the organizations’ specific needs.
What’s the difference between Microsoft Teams and CPaaS Microsoft Teams Direct Routing?
- Microsoft Teams is a collaboration tool that provides instant messaging, video conferencing, file storing, and sharing capabilities.
- CPaaS Microsoft Teams Direct Routing is a communication platform that combines Calls, Auto-attendant, Contact center, etc. It equips businesses with everything they need to help their teams stay connected internally and externally.
What I can do when MS Teams integrates with CPaaS Microsoft Teams Direct Routing?
After integrating, you can use:
- Make & Receive PSTN & Mobile calls to/from regular telephone numbers.
- Call History
- Call Forwarding
- Call Queue
- Call Recording
- Call Transfer
- DNC Checking
- Number Retention
- Number Blacklist/Whitelist
What do I need for the integration?
You will need:
- CPaaS Licenses
- Microsoft Teams Licenses
For more information, please visit the links below:
Are CPaaS Microsoft Teams Direct Routing users able to roam in other countries, especially China since there is a China firewall that is blocking the VoIP traffic?
Users can use the CPaaS Microsoft Teams Direct Routing in all countries, however, Roaming Charges (IDD) rates will apply if you are using the PSTN.
Using MS Teams over the Internet should not be incurred any charges.
Moreover, Microsoft Teams can work in China. You need to configure user devices to access the corporate network over a VPN connection to allow Office 365 traffic to transit the corporate network's private offshore link. If possible, use UDP instead of TCP for live media streaming traffic, such as for Teams. UDP offers better live media streaming performance than TCP.
For more detail, please visit the links below:
- Link 1
- Link 2
How long is the retention period for Call Recording in CPaaS Microsoft Teams Direct Routing?
On CPaaS Microsoft Teams Direct Routing - CPaaS platform, depending on the purchased Add-on License, the Call Recording is either 1 year or 7 years.
For CPaaS Microsoft Teams Direct Routing, if I want to set up a Boardroom and Conference facilities like Telepresence, where do I get the support to design the conference facilities? Does it have any requirements?
What type of security control and encryption for CPaaS Microsoft Teams Direct Routing?
Our system has:
- VAPT by Crest Certified Security Vendors
- ISO 27001 Certified
- Enterprise Security Controls
The system is designed with the following data security considerations.
- The system can operate with minimum customer data.
- Automated data reduction and tokenization capabilities.
- Data encryption in transit and at rest for all data.
- Public key encryption options for call recordings.
- Automated data transfer to customer local storage.
Data Encryption in Transit
- Transmission Protocols: HTTPS, SFTP, SIP TLS, SRTP
- SSL Version: TLS 1.2
- Certificate Authority: Amazon
- Signature Algorithm: SHA256 + RSA
Data Encryption at Rest
- Encryption: AES-256
- Key Provider: AWS KMS-Managed Keys
- Key Management: AWS Managed
- Key Access Logs: AWS Cloud Trail
What is the SLA for the CPaaS Microsoft Teams Direct Routing platform?
What is the Support Plan? Is it 24/7?
To keep our pricing affordable, our solution comes bundled only with our Standard Support Plan.
Standard Support Hours:
- Our office hours are 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM Singapore Time.
- Monday to Friday excluding Public holidays.
- Not support 24/7.
Service Availability Hotline:
- The service availability hotline allows customers to report issues related to the platform availability incident and does not include managed services. Issues related to customer premise equipment incidents will be handled on the best effort basis.