- OSS/BSS Answers
- App Model - Organization Management
- App Model - Communication Apps Answers
- License Model - Organization Management
License Model - CPaaS Solution Answers
Phone System - Admin Guide Phone System - End-user Guide Mobile App Desktop App Web Phone Auto Attendant - Admin Guide Developer Hub - Admin Guide Microsoft Teams Operator Connect - Admin Guide Microsoft Teams Direct Routing - Admin Guide Contact Center - Supervisor Guide Contact Center - Agent Guide Omni-Channel SIP Trunk CPaaS - SIP Trunk CPaaS Fax Contact Dashboard Campaign File Explorer
- Integrations Answers
- Updated Regulations
- Ideas Portal
Call Delegation (Boss-Secretary) feature provides an easy way for Administrators (Managers/Bosses) to assign Delegates (Assistants/Secretaries) to handle calls on their behalf.
It supports the following scenarios:
- Secretary makes outgoing calls on behalf of the Boss.
- Secretary answers incoming calls on behalf of the Boss.
- Secretary can transfer calls back to the Boss.
- Only users within the Organization can be added to the Delegation List.
- Any extensions that are the delegates of other users won't have the Delegation settings activated.
- Any extensions in the Call group won't have the Delegation settings activated.
- A user cannot delegate or be delegated when being in a Call Group.
- In the case of Delegation List:
- If any of the extensions miss the call, the system will not trigger its own Unanswered or Busy Flow and the call will be simply dropped.
- The working hours of the delegates on the list will be ignored.
To set a User as your delegate, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Phone System, select the Delegate tab
- Add users to the delegation list
- Select Ring Mode:
Ring All: All delegates simultaneously.
- Total ring time (seconds)
Sequential: Each delegate is rung in order, one after the other, starting from the first extension in the list each time.
- Order: Starting from 1. Drag and drop to change the order.
- Per-User Ring Time (seconds)
- Ring All: All delegates simultaneously.
- Click Apply to save
- The total limit for Delegate numbers are 5 numbers.
- System will auto count when users enter the numbers/groups/extensions.
- When the limit is reached, you cannot add more user to the list.
Call History on the portal
- Boss will see that the call is delegated:
- Secretary will see the call as a normal incoming call:
The user who is assigned as a Delegate will have the following details:
Show the information of the Boss and his/her status in case the Secretary would like to transfer the call to the Boss
Secretary's Mobile App View
- Secretary will see the call as a normal incoming call.
To transfer a call back to the Boss, the delegate can:
- Dial ##20
- Set up the soft key on IP Phone device